What is bootstrap?
Bootstrap is a free and open-source front-end web framework for designing websites and web applications.
Bootstrap is the most popular html, Css, java script framework for developing responsive, and first mobile website.
What is responsive web design?
Responsive web design is a design used for creating a website that is automatically adjusted or adapts to the devices or various screen size. Bootstrap is most responsive web design.
Why bootstrap? Or reasons to use bootstrap?
- Easy to use: it is very easy and speed procedure to start with the bootstrap .bootstrap is very adaptable. You can use bootstrap along with html.
- Responsiveness: that is automatically adjusted or adapts to the device or various screen size.
- Speed: using bootstrap happens to speed of the development. Bootstrap let us use to readymade coding blocks in order to setting up. And also buy the bootstrap themes and alter then and use your requirements.
- Customized: it can be customized as for the design of your project. The web developer can make choice to select which are required and which can be simply complete by using bootstrap.
Support: you can be provided with help whenever there comes any problem. The creators always keep the bootstrap updated.
- Grid: bootstrap has the comfortable to using a 12 column grid that is responsive. It also upholds offset and nested elements. The grid can be maintained in a responsive mode, or you can simply modify it to a secured layout.
Base styling for html elements: A website has many different elements such as headings, lists, tables, buttons, forms, etc. All these fundamental HTML elements have been styled and enhanced with extensible classes.
Which styles are provided?
- Button Groups
- Navigation Bar
- Labels & Badges
- Progress Bar
- And Many Others.
How to use bootstrap:
- Downloading the bootstrap files:
There are two versions available for download, compiled Bootstrap and Bootstrap source files.
For the purpose of better understanding we’ll focus on the compiled Bootstrap files. It saves your time because you don’t have to bother every time including separate files for individual functionality. It will also increase the performance of your website and saves the precious bandwidth when you decided to move your site on production because of lesser HTTP request and download size since files are compiled .
- Understanding the file structure: Once downloaded the compiled Bootstrap, unzip the compressed folder to see the structure. You’ll find the following file structure and content.
Creating your first web page with bootstrap: we will create a basic Bootstrap template that includes everything we mentioned in the file structure.
Steps for creating web pages:
- Creating a basic HTML file
- Making this HTML File a Bootstrap Template
- Saving the file
- Including Bootstrap’s Files via CDN
Advantages and disadvantages of bootstrap:
Most attractive option of bootstrap is customization. You can customize it with your own way. Just sit and change entire code as you want. Some developers exhausted to change codes, this is not for them. .
have a short look on design factors.
Bootstrap has only one grid structure. It may be cause of similarity in most of bootstrap based sites. That’s not a big disadvantage but it is hard to get originality.
Your entire form should be wrapped in a <form> tag. After that it’s recommended by Bootstrap to wrap your elements in <fieldset> tags with an additional <legend> tag.