What is orangeHRM?
OrangeHRM is a popular open-source HR management system for start-ups, small and medium-sized businesses, and large enterprises. This solution is utilized by thousands of companies across the globe including top names such as Duke University, RedHat, and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
OrangeHRM Product Features
OrangeHRM offers a flexible and easy to use HRIS solution for small and medium sized companies free of charge. By providing modules for personnel information management, employee self service, leave, time & attendance, benefits and recruitment companies are able to manage the crucial organization asset – people. The combination of these modules into one application assures the perfect platform for re-engineering and aligning your HR processes along with the organizational goals.
Benefits of having HRM within an organization
- HRIS system is cost effective. It saves you the expense of actually hiring someone to take care of physical copies of data and records.
- Apart from employee expenses, it’s also really cheap and doesn’t cause a huge hole in your pocket whether you’re a big firm or a small one.
- As this data is entered manually by the person with authority, you can trust it to be accurate. It’s going to show exactly what was entered without any errors.
- What’s more is that you only have to enter the data once, such as a salary slab or a new policy, and it can be applied in multiple places. Any changes made are also automatically updated wherever the policy has been assigned without having to manually change it everywhere.
- Obtaining information becomes a very speedy process as all you need to do is type in what you’re searching for. The benefit of HRIS system is that it’s a one-stop solution to all your queries.
- It becomes easier to compare and analyze data in order to generate timely reports for every employee. The quality of these reports is raised too with increased accuracy.
- Uses of HRIS software in organization also include announcing any alterations or additions of policies, notices, and any other new adjustments.
- HRIS can also be used to announce upcoming events or deadlines to every employee in one place. Employees can also respond with acknowledgements. This saves both the manager’s and the employee’s time in tracking every email response, confirming you responded, and so on.
- Talking about tracking, a benefit of HRIS also includes tracking employee applications for reimbursements and leaves and views past applications along with their status as well. Employers can easily approve or reject requests based on their leave balances or information submitted when applying for a reimbursement.
- Another use of HRIS in an organization is managing performance reviews. Multiple review cycles can be created for every unique employee based on their seniority or tenure at the organization. Uses of HRIS in HRM can be made to conduct time reviews and appraisals of every employee based on the review cycle assigned to them.
- HRIS also provide you with automated reminders for when something is due like a project or an event deadline or a pending employee performance review.
- HRIS can also store information and company documents which can only be accessed by authorized personnel. This means that HRIS are completely secure and confidential information can be stored without worries.
- Along with having numerous benefits, there are also multiple types of HRIS available. These services are provided in various forms — cloud-based/SaaS or on-site.
Pros and Cons of HRM Customization
- Custom Software Built to Your Standards – Instead of an off-shelf HR product, a custom version will give you the features that you need. While this can take some time and effort to build, it’s something that’s worth investing in because no other company can have access to your most valuable tools. This gives your company a major advantage because you are better able to manage your people assets to your corporate standards.
- Private Label and Branded – For many organizations, this is the key to building and enhancing a corporate culture. A privet label option offers full customization of the look and feel of your HRM. This makes the experience of using it more pleasant for you and your employees. From the platform to the report templates, your HRM can be fully branded to your company manual of style.
- Robust Capabilities – While some off shelf HRM’s have had a lot of time spent on development, they can also be limiting in what they can do. A custom solution is built specifically to meet your company needs and to accomplish certain tasks. This means you have the capabilities that can expend as your company needs evolve.
- Time and Cost Commitment – It may seem easy to go with an off shelf HRM when you are in a hurry to get a product that works. However, one potential con with a custom HRM is that you have to wait slight longer to get the customizations in place. Many HRMs that are open source allow you to use some features in the meantime while you wait, and can save you on project costs in the short term.
- More Input from You – As with any custom product build, there is the expectation that you will need to be involved in terms of providing certain information to the engineering team. You may have to complete a questionnaire or share examples of what you are looking for. But this is worth it as you receive an end product that has the bells and whistles your company is looking for.
- Future Updates and Support – With a custom HRM build, you are like to need a higher level of ongoing support from an account manager or the engineering team. Your project manager can help to make future enhancements and improvements smoother for you, and you will be the first to know about new releases and features because of this relationship.
Logo images path